A prosperous merchant named Bernat Marcús was the founder of an assistance complex situated outside the city walls, including a chapel, which was built between 1166 and 1188, and became the seat of the Brotherhood of Postmen from the early 15th century onwards. The backrest of a bench from the 14th century, survived the destruction of much of its interior furniture in 1909 and 1936.